1924 OUTFIT SHOWS POOR FORM

Barely Nose Out Browne and Nichols Because of Poor Team Work

In a game featured mainly by the ragged team work of the Freshmen, the 1924 hockey team nosed out the Browne and Nichols seven yesterday afternoon by a score of 3-2. In the last minutes of play, Corliss Lamont, carrying the puck from behind the visitors' goal, shot it past the goal-tend for the winning point.

Throughout the first period neither side held an advantage, and the shooting was scattered. Not until five minutes after the start of the second period was there a score, which Crosby made after J. J. Lee had carried the puck up the ice. Rayner, of the schoolboy septet, balanced this a minute or two later, however, with the help of Dwight. The score remained a tie until three minutes after the start of the third period, when Nelson Cabot shot the puck home from a mixup in front of the opposing team's goal, but Dwight again carried the puck up the ice and scored, unassisted. Lamont closed with the final goal.

Lee, R. S. Lamont and G. G. Walker were the strongest men in the Freshman line-up. Lee was the most aggressive man on the ice, but the defense work of the yearlings was very weak. Captain Dwight and Cordingly were the mainstay of the visitors. Dwight especially causing his opponents worry by his speed and untiring efforts.

The line-up follows: HARVARD  BROWNE AND NICHOLS. Clough, Louderback, r.w.  l.w., Rayner Cabot, Lamont, r.c.  l.c., Collier Phillips, Crosby, l.e.  r.c., Cordingly Lee, G. Dwight, l. w.  r.w., Dwight Graves, c.p.  c.p., Parker Walker, p.  p., Crowley Brigham, g.  g., Bradford

Score, Harvard 1924 3, Browne and Nichols 2. Goals, Crosby, Rayner, Cabot, Dwight, Lamont. Referee, P. Butman '23. Periods, three 12-minutes.