TOLBERT OUT OF LINE FOR FRAY WITH M. A. C.

M. A. C. OUTFIT AGGRESSIVE

Captain J. R. Tolbert '22 of the basketball team will not be in the lineup this evening at 8 o'clock when the five plays Massachusetts Agricultural College at Hemenway Gymnasium. He has of late been complaining of pain in his feet. Examination showed it to be caused by strained ligaments. By care within the next three days, he expects to be in condition for Saturday's return game with Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

This evening, however, the absence of Tolbert will be greatly felt as he bears the brunt of the defensive play of the team. S. B. Chase '21, who was a regular in the right guard position in the earlier games, or W. V. Miller '23 will be in at left guard. Otherwise the lineup remains as it was last week. Practice yesterday afternoon called for no scrimmaging for the first squad, but drill in shooting and passing made up the periods work. After the regular practice the second team scrimmaged with a scrub team.

M. A. C. Has Strong Attack

M. A. C. has what is considered as a fast aggressive team. Middlebury and Wentworth Institute are among its victims, but Vermont defeated them a week ago. Roser and Smith are capable of maintaining a strong attack.

Thus far Coach Wachter's men have made a good record for themselves when one considers that this is the first year basketball has been a minor sport. Out of seven games played thus far, Captain Tolbert has led his men to victory in five, suffering defeats by Wesleyan of Middletown and Worcester P. I. At both of these colleges basketball is rated among the important sports. The University, however, will have a chance to wipe out the latter defeat Saturday.