To Give New Educational Courses

A course on the teaching of English in the Junior and Senior High Schools has been announced to be given in the second half-year by the Graduate School of Education. The course will be given by Mr. Charles Swain Thomas '97, recently Director of English in the Junior and Senior High Schools of Cleveland, Ohio, now a members of the editorial staff of the Atlantic Monthly Press. Mr. Thomas is a recognized authority in the teaching of English. He is well known for his work as the editor of the "English Leafiet." published by the New England Association of Teachers of English, and as editor on numerous classics. He has lectured on the teaching of English in the University Summer School, and is the author of some books on English. Mr. Thomas will also take part in the supervision of inexperienced students preparing to teach English.

The course is known Fm10, and is designed for those who are already teachers, or who are preparing to be teachers of English in secondary schools. It will examine the fundamental principals that should determine the construction of the English course, and other matters.

Inexperienced students will take Course F4, in apprentice teaching, in conjunction with Course Fm10 and will have the supervision and advice of Mr. Thomas in their practical work.