WORK ON CONFERENCE PLANS

M. I. T. TO HOUSE DELEGATES

The committee in charge of the arrangements for the M. I. T. intercollegiate conference to be held April 15 and 16 have made several important provisions for the prompt carrying on of the business of the meeting with a minimum amount of fruitless discussion. Each of the 41 colleges represented has been asked to send in to the executive committee in advance a definite list of the topics it wishes to have discussed. The executive committee will be in charge at all meetings, and will have the power to limit the discussion and argument to topics of major importance to the greatest number of the institutions represented, and the meetings will deal only with the organizations, not the traditions of the different colleges.

The topics to be especially considered are student government, athletics, publications and musical and dramatic organizations.

M. I. T. has invited the delegates, not more than four from each college, to stay at the different fraternity houses, and the other expenses will be borne by the Institute. It is estimated that they will be about $550, and the only expenses to the colleges will be the railroad fares of the delegation.

The program of the conference follows:

Delegates arrive in Boston Friday morning, April 15, 1921.

Friday

9 A. M.-12 Noon.--Registration and assignment of accommodations to delegates. Walker Memorial, Charles River road, Cambridge.

1 P. M.--Meeting at which the outlined program of the conference will be explained to delegates.

2-5 P. M.--Conferences in Walker Memorial.

6 P. M.--Dinner for delegates at fraternity houses.

9 P. M.--Formal dance.

Saturday

9 A. M.-4 P. M.--Conferences.

4 P. M.--Meeting of all delegates at which the chairmen will give a summarized report of discussion in conferences.

7 P. M.--Formal banquet.