MANY ROWING DATES UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR SPRING

Usual Races Between Eastern Colleges to be Held--U, of Wisconsin to Send Crew East

Reports issued by the crew managements of several universities indicate that the coming spring will be an active rowing season. A number of dual and triangular races have already been scheduled or are now being arranged. The outstanding classics will be the Child Cup race on the Harlem River, May 14; the American Henley regatta on the Schuylkill, May 28; the Intercollegiate regatta, not yet definitely scheduled but to be rowed some time in June at Poughkeepsie; and the races between Yale and the University at New London, which will be held on June 24 if the athletic associations at both universities approve the tentative plans which have been completed.

In addition to races with Yale on the Thames, the University is now making arrangements to row against Cornell on the Charles River and against Princeton on Lake Cayuga in May, but no definite dates have been announced.

Following the same policy that they have in former years, the Yale rowing authorities have arranged a race with Pennsylvania for April 16 and one with Columbia for April 30. On the twenty first of May, the Princeton-Yale-Cornell triangular race will be rowed.

Entrants in the Childs Cup race are Columbia, Penn and Princeton. It is probable that the University second crew will row in the American Henley regatta on the Schuylkill. As the University of Wisconsin has resumed rowing as a major sport and is considering sending an eight East to row in the Intercollegiate regatta at Poughkeepsie this June, oarsmen are looking forward to this event with interest.