FRESHMAN PLAYERS HANDICAPPED

Have Not Had Ice for Practice; Many Promising Players

With the first scheduled game of the season on Saturday, little is known about the prospects for a winning Freshman hockey team on account of the fact that none of the men have had a chance to show what they can do on ice.

During the time that the squad has been practicing, however, several men have shown themselves to be of exceptional ability and Coach Lombard has expressed his entire satisfaction with the men who have reported.

G. G. Walker who played for two years at St. Pauls School, and who was captain in his last year, is the outstanding candidate for the position of right center. He is a fast, heady player and is especially clever in stick work.

C. Lamont who played for two years on the Phillips-Exeter Academy septet and who captained this team in his last year, is another very good man who can be counted upon to gain a berth in the forward line, probably at left center.

J. J. Lee who played for three years on the Milton Academy team, and R. M. Clough, a former Andover player are the two other outstanding candidates for positions in the forward line, the former at left and the latter at right wing.

The defense men, with the exception of goal, also give promise of shaping up into a well rounded team. C. C. Colt, another St. Paul's School player, and G. Bemis of Andover for defense, and C. Bigelow at goal seem to be the most promising candidates for their positions.

If there should be no ice on the Charlesbank rinks on Saturday, it is probable that the game with Cambridge Latin will be cancelled as the Boston Arena cannot be procured for the game.