PAMPHLET IN SPANISH FOR SOUTH AMERICANS

GIVES COMPREHENSIVE IDEA

The new University pamphlet printed in Spanish and intended for distribution in the principal countries of South America, has finally been completed.

Although the plans for this pamphlet were proposed in 1911, and some work done before the war, active preparation for the present booklet was not begun until the latter part of last year under the direction of Professor V. D. M. Ford '94, D. T. Pottinger '06 and Professor H. J. Hughes '12. Professor J. Klein '71 of the History Department assisted by giving facts concerning the proposed distribution of the leaflet; G. Rivera, Instructor in Spanish, translated the work.

If the present plans are carried out, the pamphlet will be distributed through the Chamber of Commerce in larger cities, the Y. M. C. A.,'s the American Consuls and other interested persons in the South American countries.

In recent years a keen interest in American education, and particularly in Harvard, has been manifested in the countries of Latin America and this booklet has been published in Spanish to meet the demand for a pamphlet which would give the more important facts concerning the educational advantages of the University.

At present the South American students seem to be particularly interested in Engineering, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Government, and the Drama, and this booklet gives the complete details of these and the more important facts concerning other subjects.