BUSINESS SCHOOL MOVES TO HELP FIRST-YEAR MEN

Plans to Provide Tutoring for Small Groups of Men Who Have Made Unsatisfactory Start

On account of the difficulty that some men have in accustoming themselves to the methods of teaching and studying at the Graduate School of Business Administration, the school has adopted the policy of tutoring first year men who have shown that they are making an effort to do their work properly but for some reason have failed to get a satisfactory start in the work of the school. Such men are signing up now at University 17 for small group tutoring in first year subjects. The instruction will be given by the men in charge of the courses or by their assistants during the next several weeks.

Another method which the Business School is using to help the men adapt themselves to the school's methods is that of giving a series of orientation lectures covering the aims of the school and its methods. An effort has been made to make these lectures a basis for a complete understanding by the student of the school; what it is trying to do; what it is not trying to do; and the reasons for the choice of the particular methods used. In this way the school hopes to help the students who come from a large number of colleges all over the country to get used to the school's methods and to derive the maximum benefit from the work they do.