FOUR FRESHMAN BOATS PRACTICE ON RIVER

Experienced Yearlings Sent Out on River--Men Without Training Work in Tank--Dr. Howe and Dr. Lee to Address Oarsmen Next Week

Up to date, a total of one hundred and fifty men have reported for 1925 fall crew practice, and Freshman rowing is well under way. The oarsmen who have had previous experience have been made up into four eights, as far as possible according to dormitories, which have been on the river in wide shells with fixed seats for the past few days.

The inexperienced men will continue to work on the machines until after the first fall regatta which will take place in about three weeks. After that time they will be taken out on the river for the first time.

The men who have bad previous experience will continue to row on the river until early in November when the fall rowing season closes. After that date Freshman rowing will continue in the tank to fulfill the Freshman physical training requirements.

Some excellent material has shown up already. Among the thirty odd men who have rowed before are several preparatory school stars among whom is Seabury Cook, captain of last year's Middlesex eight.

A meeting will be held some time next week for all Freshmen interested in rowing. Dr. R. H. Howe Jr. '01 will give a blackboard talk on the general subject of the science of rowing, and Dr. R. I. Lee '02 will discuss the sport from a physical point of view. He will also instruct the men on necessary measures of precaution in rowing