WORCESTER ACADEMY ELEVEN FIRST VICTIM OF CRIMSON FRESHMEN

ACADEMY TEAM HELD FOR DOWNS AFTER LONG GAINS

Displaying a powerful attack, timely end runs and excellent punting, and a stonewall defense, the Freshman football team crushed Worcester Academy Saturday to the tune of 7-0. Receiving the kick-off at the start of the game, in ten plays the Yearlings, aided by a 26-yard run by G. D. Braden, carried the ball down the field for the first and only score of the game.

Despite the pouring rain and the drenched condition of the field, and although this was the first game of the season, the 1925 play was singularly free from fumbles. Only two were chalked up against it during the entire game.

Academy Threatens Crimson Goal.

The only time the Crimson goal line was threatened came in the final quarter. The Freshmen lost the ball on downs on Worcester's 12-yrd line. The schoolboys tried a line plunge which went for twenty-five yards. On the next play Saunders circled the end and covered fifty-four yards before he was downed. This put the ball only eight yards from the Yearling goal. A plunge brought the line five yards nearer. Here the Cubs held and although Worcester tried three times more they could make no gain. The Freshmen got the ball on downs and immediately punted out of danger.

E. F. McGillen at tackle starred for 1925, stopping everything through his side of the line. G. K. Powell was injured in the first two minutes of play and his place was taken by T. D. Blake. H. P. Doherty at fullback played an excellent game, far outdistancing the opposing punter as well as making many gains through the line.

The summary: HARVARD 1925  WORCESTER. Reid, Danker, l.e.  l.e., Heydt Curtis, Dunker, l.t.  l.t., Villareal Hubbard, l.g.  l.g., Hickey Codman, c.  c., Bond Theopold, r.g.  r.g., Beadle McGillen, Bohlen, r.t.  r.t., Roamer Lafarge, Chase, r.e.  r.e., Sargesson Powell, Blake, Akers, q.b.  q.b., Hight Hammond, Heagney, Innes, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Satarrett Braden, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Saunders Doherty, f.b.  f.b., Cobb

Score, Harvard 1925 7, Worcester Academy 0. Touchdown, Blake. Goals after touchdown, Braden. Referee, Dr. Cahill. Umpire, House. Lineman, Blanchet. Time, 8-minute quarters.