"A FINE ART"

On the corner of Quincy and Harvard streets there stands a large building known as the Union. Up to the present time it has been open to all members of the University; from now on its privileges are to be reserved for its own members. It may, therefore, be appropriate to say a word about the Union.

So much has already been said of its appointments, its tournaments and prizes, its unusually fine program of speakers, that we feat repetition would be only boring. There is, however, one thing obtainable at the Union that we should like to mention,--a thing which is too often passed by. That is the opportunity for contact with one's fellows; opportunity to see and hear what others are thinking and doing, which is of inestimable value as part of an education. We hope no one will shy because we say it is part of an education. But we cannot express out idea better or more succinctly than did Mr. Wigglesworth in addressing the class of 1925. On that occasion he said that he thought one of the biggest things the Union had to offer was the ability to learn "The fine art of living with one's fellow men." In our opinion, that is the greatest opportunity the Union offers.