MANY LAW PRIZES AND SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED

Fifty-Five Honored for Distinguished Work at School--Fay Diploma Goes to R. C. Curtis '16--Four Men Receive Four. Hundred Dollars Apiece

The Law School has made its annual announcement of the award of prizes and scholarships for the year. Fifty-five men, representing 26 states and two foreign countries and no less than 35 colleges and universities, are included in the list of men thus honored for distinguished work at the School.

The Fay Diploma, awarded each year to the member of the graduating class who in the judgment of the Faculty has given evidence of the greatest promise by his scholarship, conduct and character, goes to Richard Cary Curtis '16, of Boston. Mr. Curtis, who led the class which graduated from the School last spring, is now practicing law with the Boston firm of Choate, Hall, and Stewart.

Four men now studying at the School have been chosen for the Sears Prizes of $400 each, which are awarded for the most brilliant work done in the School, irrespective of the financial means of the candidates. They are Ethan Davidson Alyea 3L., of Clifton, N. J., a Princeton graduate; Justis Vollmer Wolf 3l., of New Orleans, a graduate of Tulane University; Arthur Bergen Dunne 2L., of San Francisco, a graduate of the University of California; and Samuel Henry Maslon 2L., of Minneapolis, a graduate of the University of Minnesota.

Scholarships Awards Made

Enoch Smith Gambrell 3L., of Belton, S. C., has been awarded the Associated Harvard Clubs Scholarship: Rush Floyd Crouse 3L., of Sparts, N. C., the Harvard Law Club of New York Scholarship; Robert Cressey Rounds 1l., of Gorham, Me., who last year was a member of the Bowdoin College faculty, the Cadwalader Scholarship; Lowell Turrentine of Highland, N. Y., a Princeton graduate, the Langdell Scholarship; John Thomas Noonan '19 3L., of Great Barrington, the Fay Scholarship; Melville Fuller Weston of Cambridge, who prepared at Dartmouth, the Fisher Scholarship; Wallace Winthrop Brown 1L., of Cleveland, Ohio, who graduated from the University of Illinois '21, the Bobb Scholarship; and Wellington Shelton Crouse 1L., of Brooklyn, a Princeton alumnus, the William Cheney Brown Scholarship.

Amistead Mason Dobie, professor of law at the University of Virginta, and Carroll Raymond Ward, a Dartmouth graduate who won his law degree at Yale, have been assigned Emmons Scholarships to enable them to do graduate work at the Law School, while Pierre LePaulle 3L of Paris has been granted a Research Scholarship to enable him to do advanced work.

Twenty-five members of the third-year class and fourteen members of the second-year class have been selected for Faculty Scholarships.