FRESHMEN SHOW POWER AGAINST UNIVERSITY

1925 Football Team Display Finish in Fundamentals and Strong Attack in Stadium-Brushing Up for Game With Exeter Saturday

Yesterday's scrimmage with the University team comprised the hardest practice which the yearlings will get this week in preparation for the game with Exeter on Saturday.

This week Coach Campbell and his assistants have devoted themselves strenuously to fault shown in the Andover game on Saturday with results that were clearly visible yesterday. Although heavily outweighed by Coach Fisher's men, they showed that they are developing an excellent offence. It is particularly strong through the line and around the ends. Braden usually gains several yards on his line thrusts while Ellis and Hammond are adepts at slipping around the ends as they proved at Andover last week. Both Ellis and Hammond are excellent punters and the Cubs are not likely to meet their betters in this department of the game. Several forward passes have been developed but have not been very extensively tried by games so far.

Another scrimmage will probably be held today followed by the usual dummy scrimmage and signal drill tomorrow.