PICK AMORY TO BE PRESIDENT OF 1924 ON SECOND BALLOT

POLLS AT SEVER AND '77 GATE OPEN TOMORROW

Walter Amory '24 of Walpole, N. H., was elected president of his class after two days' balloting, the Elections Committee of the Student Council announced last night.

The following men were elected to the other officers in the Sophomore class: Percy Jenkins, of Quincy, vice-president; Robert Paul Bullard, of Melrose Highlands, secretary-treasurer; and Raoul Pantaleoni, of St. Louis, Mo., member of the Student Council.

The preferential system of voting was used in the election of president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer, in accordance with the constitution of the class. The member of the Student Council was elected by the usual checking method. No candidate received a majority of votes cast.

The number of points polled by each candidate is as follows:

President Walter Amory  838 B. M. Henry  967 R. S. Bowers  998 J. J. Lee  1047 Total  3850 Twenty-seven cast out  270 Grand Total  4120 Vice-President Percy Jenkins  679 Standish Bradford  779 R. C. Storey Jr.  912 Total  2370 Seventeen cast out  102 Grand Total  2472 Secretary-Treasurer R. P. Bullard  624 F. T. Baldwin  765 H. A. La Farge  945 Total  2334 Twenty-three cast out  138 Grand Total  2472 Member Student Council Raoul Pantaleoni  213 K. N. Hill  113 Harrison Gardner  83 Total  409 Cast out  3 Grand Total  412

The total of votes cast in the 1923 elections when the polls closed last night was 341, leaving 54 as a minimum to be attained tomorrow. The present class officers have decided not to open the polls today, but tomorrow Juniors may vote at the following places:

Seaver Hall from 8.30 to 2.30 o'clock.

Class of '77 Gate from 2.30 to 5.30 o'clock.

With the constitution as it now stands, there is no alternative but to continue the balloting until the 60 percent quota is reached.

Seaver Hall from 8.30 to 2.30 o'clock.