MORE FUN

We repeat a remark made earlier in the week in regard to the prevalent class elections: "Ain't we got fun!" The fun this time is printed in the adjoining column. The hardy perennial has sprung up with its yearly punctuality.

And as in the past it had better not be ignored. The writer professes ignorance as to how the candidates are nominated. Not a difficult question to answer: by the officers of the previous year. On what account? Neither scholastic or athletic prowess nor popularity alone are considered. The class officers choose men whom they think will fill the ticket.

Obviously any choice they make will not satisfy everyone. That is why there is a provision in the class constitution for nominations by petition. As has been stated on the front page of this sheet at least a half dozen times, in the past two weeks any member of the class can be nominated if thirty-five of his classmates will sign a petition.

As for the "caustic" conclusion to the letter. Do the writers mean that some candidate for a class office actually refused to speak to one of their ac uaintances? It is within the realm of possibility that the candidate did not know him; if so he can hardly be accused of refusing to speak to him.

"The 'snob' issue has not yet died down." Nor will it as long as the attitude revealed in this letter prevails.