UNIVERSITY HARRIERS TO OPPOSE PRINCETON

Cross-Country Race to Be at Belmont on Saturday--Freshmen to Meet Wakefield High Thursday--To Compete in Handicap Meet Tomorrow

Both the University and Freshman cross-country teams will be given stiff work-outs this week in preparation for the next meets. The 1925 team will race Wakefield High School Thursday over the three-mile course at Belmont. The University will meet Princeton, also at Belmont, on Saturday for the first cross-country meet ever scheduled between the two colleges.

In spite of the defeat of both teams by Technology last Friday, the general feeling in regard to the races this week is one of optimism. The Crimson coaches believe that the M. I. T. contest did not show the team's real ability, and that a great improvement will take place this week. The Wakefield High School is not expected to present very formidable opposition to the Freshmen. On the other band last year's Princeton team was second to Cornell in the Intercollegiates by only one point while the University placed ninth.

Both teams were given a rest on Saturday, and only light practice was held yesterday afternoon. Hard work-outs at Belmont are in order for the rest of the week, with the exception of tomorrow afternoon, when the men of both squads will enter the distance events in the handicap track meet.