A Sensible Suggestion

Communication

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Since everybody is apparently dissatisfied with one aspect or another of the present system of class officers and class elections, a suggestion for concrete reform would seem to be in order. The change which is necessary is undoubtedly something which will satisfy the large numbers of students who at present feel themselves "left in the cold" and at the same time preserve the position of those leaders who now fill the class offices. Why not, therefore, institute a Class Committee composed of all these elements in unequal proportions, which would perform all the functions now delegated to the numerous appointive boards and would at the same time be the actual executive organ of the class?

Let all the nominations be made by petition, twelve names being a sufficient number. Let all the candidates so named be placed on a single ballot, each voter then voting for one man, and consider everyone receiving thirty-five votes or more as elected. Thus every portion of the lcass will be represented, if it include but thirty-five men. The candidates receiving the three highest number of votes will, however, become respectively President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer. At its first meeting the Class Committee will choose the Student Council members, each member of the Committee having in this as in all other transactions an equal voice. Herbert J. WEBER '24

October 25, 1921.