PRETTY GOOD EGGS

Last Saturday the cheering was 'pretty good." But pretty good cheering, like poetry, can be compared to pretty good eggs. As usual female voices were mingled indiscriminately with male; and even in the heart of the Harvard side there were scattered Holy Cross rooters to offset Crimson enthusiasm. Before the game it was announced at the H. A. A. that section 88 would be reserved for students; but apparently no attention was given to this regulation.

The difficulty in the past has been that holders of the seven-dollar season tickets for persons outside the University, or one-dollar blue cards that can be purchased by anyone for admission to the season-ticket stands, have been allowed to occupy the sections supposedly reserved for undergraduates. The solution is obvious. Two sections should be set aside solely for bearers of H. A. A. five-dollar season tickets. Ushers could then be stationed at the entrances to these sections to admit only on presentation of the pink booklets; as these season tickets are issued only to members of the University, Harvard men only would be admitted to the cheering section. There is no question about filling these sections, as almost all the season booklets are already reported sold. With the Harvard Band in the lower ranges and a solid mass of rooters behind them, the result would be a unified body of supporters for the team which would not be surpassed by the best-organized opposition that could be sent against it. As for these who wish to take friends to the game there would still be room for them in the remainder of the season-ticket stands.