TO HOLD CELEBRATION OF CITY ANNIVERSARY

Scheduled for Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday--Many Famous Men to Speak at Meetings--Exercises in Sanders Theatre Included in Program

The seventy-fifth anniversary of the City of Cambridge will be celebrated on next Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. On Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock on Cambridge Common, an outdoor mass meeting will be held. This gathering will be addressed by Senator David I. Walsh, Congressman Dallinger, Governor Channing H. Cox, Mayor Edward W. Quinn, and others. If the weather is unfavorable, the meeting will be held in Gordon's Central Square Theatre.

On Tuesday, exercises will be held in all the schools of the city. Public speakers will be assigned to the different schools and the significance of the occasion will be explained to the school children. The same evening, in Sanders Theatre at 8 o'clock, a public meeting will be held. Mayor Quinn is expected to preside and deliver an address. Other speakers will be William Roscoe Thayer '81, President of the Cambridge Historical Society; Professor Albert Bushnell Hart '80; and Mr. T. Harrison Cummings, Librarian of the City of Cambridge. Mr. Thayer and Professor Hart will talk on the place of Cambridge in American History and Mr. Cummings will speak on the origin of the American flag.

There will also be a grand pageant representing the flag that was hoisted over Washington's headquarters on January 1. 1776, which, in the opinion of Mr. Cummings, was the first American flag to be seen in Cambridge. Moving pictures will follow the addresses and representatives of the various foreign speaking races will be present.

Beginning at 8 o'clock Tuesday evening, there will be a ball at the Armory on Massachusetts avenue, to which the public is invited. Dancing will last until midnight.

On Wednesday at 10.30 A. M., there will be a large parade. Captain Ralph W. Robart is to act as Chief Marshal. Vice President Coolidge will participate in the parade and address the people of Cambridge immediately afterwards. Between twenty and thirty thousand persons will be in line, with at least fifty floats representing various historical features. The parade will start at Porter station and be reviewed on the Esplanade at Technology.

At 3 o'clock in the afternoon, a ten-mile road race will be run from a point in front of the City Hall. There will also be a juvenile road race at the same hour, and band concerts in Central square, on Cambridge Field, and on Rindge Field. A baseball game will be played during the afternoon between the Haverhill and the Salem teams. At 7.30 o'clock in the evening a public reception will be held at the City Hall; the Mayor and heads of departments will receive the public.