REGULARS SCORE ONE TOUCHDOWN IN LAST SCRIMMAGE OF WEEK

UNIVERSITY OF INDIANA HOLDS PRACTICE IN STADIUM

The Crimson eleven went through its last scrimmage before the Indiana game yesterday afternoon, scoring one touchdown in the third practice game of the week against Coach Knox's scrubs. Save for two temporary shifts Coach Fisher sent on the field the same combination, with which he has been experimenting ever since the Holy Cross contest. The two changes in yesterday's line-up were P. B. Kunhardt '23 for Captain Kane at tackle and H. W. Clark '23 for Bradford at center. Both Kane and Bradford stood a lot of pounding at the hands of the seconds in Wednesday's scrimmage, and were ordered to rest on the sidelines yesterday.

Unless coach Fisher intends to surprise the Indian football strategists with a last-minute shift in his line-up, there can be little doubt that the University eleven will start tomorrow's struggle with the same personnel which scrimmaged the seconds Wednesday. This make-up consists of Crocker and Macomber at end, Kane and Tierney at tackle, Grew and Brown at guard, Bradford at center, Buell in the quarterback position, Jenkins and Gehrke at halfback position, Jenkins and Gehrke at halfback, and Owen rounding out the backfield quartet at fullback.

Gehrike Make Only Touchdown

Gehrke shone on the University offence yesterday afternoon, making the only touchdown and showing a great improvement in his kicking game. He was also in a large part responsible for the advance which led up to the Crimson score. Coach Fisher gave his men the ball in the middle of the field at the beginning of the scrimmage, and from there the University players swept over the fifty yards between them and the scrubs goal-line without a let-up in their attack Gehrke and Jenkins did most of the rushing gaining considerable ground every time they took the ball. The latter at one time broke away for a long 20-yard run. With the two elevens lining up inside the scrub's two-yard line Buell clipped the ball to Gehrke, who tore through for the touchdown.

Toward the end of the afternoon Coach Fisher line up the black-jerseyed and Crimson men within drop-kicking distance of the second's goal. The scrubs then attempted to break through the University line and halt the coming kicks. K. S. Pfaffman '24 sent the ball neatly between the crossbars several times for the University.

Improvement Expected in Line

Coach Fisher believes that the Crimson defense tomorrow will show great improvement from last Saturday. Although Captain Kane lacks the ruggedness that is generally associated with University tacklers, he handles himself better and shows more headwork than the majority of the players one the Crimson squad. He played tackle two years ago for Coach Fisher and therefore will not start tomorrow's game as a novice in his position. Tierney's agility and general build class him more as a tackle than a center. These two men are expected to provide tomorrow the strength and aggressiveness which the university line has lacked to a great extent this fall.

The Crimson secondary defense has also been bolstered up by the appearance of Jenkins and Gehrke in the backfield. Coordination between the backs and the line was not conspicuous last Saturday on the defense. It will have to be tomorrow if the University expects to stop Captain Kyle, Indiana's 190-pound fullback anywhere short of its goal-line.

The Indian players held secret practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon from 1.30 to 3.30 o'clock. Coach Steihm will put his men through another workout today before the University practice.