BAND TO PLAY IN STADIUM TODAY

To Make Trip to Princeton--F. L. Reynolds '20, Conductor, to Return Soon

With a personnel of fifty men, the University Band will make its initial appearance today by marching in uniform to the University-Indiana football game at Soldiers Field. The men will wear crimson sweaters, white sailor hats, and white flannel trousers. Starting from University Hall at 2 o'clock the aggregation of musicians will march down Boylston street to the Stadium, and will play football songs and marches before the game and between halves.

Excellent material among the new men, especially the Freshmen, has given the Band much cause to expect a highly successful season. On November 15 between thirty and forty men will go to Princeton to represent the University at the football game. The tour manager is at present arranging a western trip which will take place next spring, but as yet no announcement is ready to be made public.

Mr. F. L. Reynolds '20, who has been leader of the Band since its organization in 1919, will continue to conduct this year. He is away at present, however, and his place as drum major will be taken today by A. S. Simmons '24. When Mr. Reynolds returns he will organize a drum, fife and bugle corps, which will be featured at the later football games. Announcements will be made in the near future as to further trials, including tryouts for drummers, fifers and buglers.

Legislation prohibiting the matching of football teams whose players differ in weight to any great extent is urged by John N. Heisman, football coach.