HARRIERS SHOW POOR FORM AGAINST YALE

Lose by Score of 19 to 47--Douglas of Yale Breaks Course Record--J. W. Burke '23, H. L. Pratt Jr. '23, and J. U. Harris '24 Best for Crimson

In a meet very disappointing to the Crimson supporters the Yale cross-country team completely overwhelmed the University harriers at New Haven on Saturday, winning by the score of 19 to 47. M. K. Douglas of the Eli team captured first place in 32 minutes 26 3-5 seconds, creating a new record for the course.

J. W. Burke '23 was the first University man to finish, coming in for second place 32 seconds behind Douglas. His time was 32 minutes 58 seconds. E. C. Vander Pyl of Yale finished third in 33 minutes 10 1-5 seconds, and A. H. Crosby, also of the New Haven team, finished fourth in 33 minutes 19 3-5 seconds.

The best runners for the University were Burke, H. L. Pratt Jr. '23, and J. U. Harris '24, all of whom ran extremely well and ended with a strong finish. The meet was held over the six-mile West Rock course.

Following is the order of finish for the first five men on both sides: M. K. Douglas, Yale, first; J. W. Burke '23, second; E. C. Vander Pyl, Yale, third; A. H. Crosley, Yale, fourth; M. Treadwell, Yale, fifth; R. G. Page, Yale, sixth; H. L. Pratt '23, eighth; J. U. Harris '24, tenth; A. L. Coburn '24, thirteenth; R. A. Lutz '23, fourteenth.

After a rest today, the squad will start practice for the Intercollegiate run in New York on November 21. Time trials will be held to determine the seven men who will be picked to represent the University.