STUDENT OPINION

Older men of to-day are particularly interested in what college men, with their fresh point of view, are thinking, Newspapers, always quick to catch anything of "news value", are continually printing articles on undergraduate opinion. But at Harvard, expressions of opinion coming from the student body as a whole are all too few. Probably the press of activities, the large number of evening meetings and rehearsals--rather than the much-mooted Harvard indifference--make frequent large gatherings for the discussion of public questions more or less impracticable.

To-night's Miniature Washington Conference, therefore, is of particular interest. If the conference is to be a complete success, all kinds and shades of opinion ought to be heard. There is a resolution to be voted upon, which means that the larger the number of voters, the more representative the verdict--the more truly it can be said to indicate. Harvard opinion. Outsiders will consider the vote officially Harvard's no matter how representative it really is