THAT GR-R-R-OWL

We welcome the Bulldog to Cambridge today, and the thousands who follow him on his quest to John Harvard's pantry. He probably realizes that he won't be received with a "Help yourself." In fact it is only fair to warn him that there is a cry about the Square, requesting that the same treatment be given him as the possum; "Carve him to the bone". A peculiar sort of hospitality, that! But for that matter a peculiar sort of quest; we have heard that growl before--it means business.

Yale is here today with every expectation of winning. The odds favor her--and no one knows it better than Harvard. That is just the reason for the extraordinary feeling of determination, for the quiet optimism and boundless confidence in the fighting qualities of the team, that has charged the atmosphere for the last week. The feeling has been growing daily; there will be an adequate demonstration this afternoon of the fact that a trip over the Harvard goal line will prove a long, hard trail for any Eli--however enterprising he may be.