TICKET RULES FOR YALE GAME GIVEN

Athletic Association Prohibits Selling of Tickets at a Premium--Must Occupy One of Seats Personally--Offenders Will be Put on Blacklist

The ticket speculation rules covering the use of Yale tickets will be rigidly enforced by the Athletic Association this year. Regulations against the resale of tickets at a premium must be closely observed. The privilege of obtaining tickets on application for any future athletic event will be denied to any man whose tickets are sold or offered for sale at a premium either by himself or any one else, and to any man who violates his agreement as to personal use of tickets. The Athletic Association especially warns Freshmen and other first year men who may not be familiar with the attitude of the University and the Association towards speculation, against procuring tickets for people in violation of the regulations.

There are also many applicants who believe that, while putting tickets in the hands of speculators is a violation of the ticket rules, it is permissible to turn over both seats, in case two are allotted, to members of the family or friends. This is also a violation of the rules; every applicant agrees "to occupy personally one of the seats applied for. . . . or return them to the Association." Applicants are warned that the Association considers it necessary to require strict compliance with this agreement except in the case of ushers, ticket takers, members of the football squad, and coaches. Hundreds of graduates, including members of the Faculty, who do not wish to attend the game personally have been refused permission to transfer both of their tickets even to members of their families. Event with the strictest enforcement of this rule, many thousand graduates who attend the game will be obliged to go alone because of the inadequate supply of seats.

The reason given by the Athletic Association for the rigid enforcement of these rules is not so much to stop speculation in itself as to secure for those who intend to make proper use of them, the tickets to which they are enitled.