WILSON CLUB TO HOLD FIRST MEETING TUESDAY

Mr. Homer Cummings, Former Chairman of Democratic National Committee, to Be Main Speaker--Dinner in Union to Precede Meeting

Mr. Homer Cummings former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will address the Woodrow Wilson Club of the University at its first regular meeting of the year at 8 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union on Tuesday evening. Mr. Cummings' subject will be "Popular Reactions Towards Peace", and Professor W. E. Hocking '01, Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and Civic Polity at the University, will preside and introduce the speaker. The meeting is to be open to all members of the Union and of the Woodrow Wilson Club.

Although active in Democratic political affairs since 1900, Mr. Cummings is at present practicing law at his home, Stamford, Connecticut. He has served two terms as mayor of that city, holding office from 1900 to 1902, and again from 1904 to 1906. As a member of the Democratic National Committee since 1900, he has played a prominent part in the shaping of the policies of his party. At the National Convention in 1920, at San Francisco, he delivered the keynote address, covering the current political situation so well that he was acclaimed by the press of both parties one of the foremost practical political thinkers of the country. Mr. Cummings graduated from Yale in the class of 1891, receiving his LL.B. in 1893.'

Before the lecture, the Woodrow Wilson Club will entertain the speaker at a dinner in his honor in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7 o'clock. Members of the Club will attend, and among those invited are Professor Hocking, Mayor Peters of Boston, and Mr. J. F. Moors '83, Massachusetts State Chairman of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation.

Last spring the Wilson Club of the University, in cooperation with like organizations in about fifty other colleges of the country planned the collection of books, documents, and correspondence shedding light on the work and influence of the ex-president at the Paris conference in 1919. Original manuscripts, newspaper clippings, and books, on his political life in general were also to be collected. It is the plan of the Associated Wilson Clubs to deposit this data in some centrally located library under the care of a professional librarian, who will make investigations in order to add to the collection as well as catalogue and assemble the material. Widener Library has been suggested as the depository of this collection, as it already has a large amount of material dealing with the war period, while the University Law School Library is said to have more authentic data on the League of Nations and international law with relation to peace attempts than any other library in the country.