"MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE"

"The Harvard band is in great condition. Six of the best players were kept out of the Brown game as the leader was taking no chances on injuries. One of the trombone players has a sore right wing, but all others are ready to blow their hardest. This is their letter game." Later in his account, Mr. Ed Cunningham, the humorist of the Boston Herald sporting department, adds "The band marches up along the Harvard side and then at a given signal maneuvers into a gigantic "H". It is a new formation and was worked out in secret practice. Completely dazes Yale band, which stays in its seats."

Thus it was that the University band outplayed its Blue rivals. It took an even more important part in supporting Harvard's fighting eleven Saturday than it has previously this season--which is saying a great deal. During games, mass meetings, and parades to the field its playing has been a real inspiration. Undismayed by the good-natured jokes poked at it or by the paper missiles tossed down the brass horn by amateur marksmen. It has played its way through the football season to a triumphant finals.