CERCLE FRANCAIS TO STAGE PLAYS TODAY

First Production of Three One-Act Plays by French Masters to Be Given This Afternoon at 2 o'Clock--Will Be Given Again Next Week

"Le Mariage Force" by Moliere, "Le Passant" by Francois Cappee, and "L'Ete de is Saint Martin" by Melihae and Halevy, are the titles of the three plays to be given by the Cercle Francois at the Copley Theatre, Boston, in their thirty-sixth annual performance. There will be two performances, the first at two o'clock this afternoon, the second on the afternoon of Wednesday, November 30. The proceeds will be given to the American Committee for Devastated France. Tickets are on sale at the Cooperative, and at the Copley Theatre, or they may be obtained from S. H. Browne Jr. '23, manager of the Cercle, at Claverly 27.

"Le Mariage Force," which is appropriate in view of the fact that the Moliere tercentenary comes in 1922, was first produced at Versailles in 1664, as a farce with a ballet. Sganarelle, an old man, has promised to marry a young and pretty girl, Dorimene. He hesitates, because he fears her caprice and fickleness, and because of the thought that once he has married he will never be able to escape. He, therefore, after consulting scholars and learned men, decides not to marry Dorimene. The climax of the play comes, however, when he is forced to do so by a challenge from his flancee's brother, to a duel.

The cast is as follows: Sganarelle,  W. P. Scott '23 Gironimo,  S. S. Rogers '22 Alcantor,  H. F. Potter '24 Alcidas,  D. S. Ellsworth '23 Lycaste,  R. E. Smith '22 Pancrace,  Edgar Scott '20 Marphurius,  Y. B. Buhler 1G.B. Porteur d'Epee,  A. K. Train '23 Dorimene,  Miss Helenka Adamowska

"Le Passant" deals with the love of a cold, beautiful woman and a wandering minstrel boy. The cast is: Zanetto,  Edgar Scott '20 Sylvia,  Miss Berthe Braggiotti

The plot of "L'Ete de la Saint Martin" concerns the clever plan by which Adrienne, who has eloped with Briqueville's nephew and ward, Noel, against his uncle's will, steals his heart and wins his forgiveness. The cast is as follows: Briqueville,  W. P. Scott '23 Noel,  Y. H. Buhler 2G.B. Un Domestique,  A. L. Steinert '22 Adrienne,  Miss Francesca Braggiotti Madame Lebreton,  Miss Berthe Braggiotti