HOCKEY PLAYERS REPORT TONIGHT

To Be Available for University Squad Thursday--1925 Will Begin Work When Ice Freezes on Outdoor Rinks

Tonight the hockey season will open with a meeting of all candidates for the University and Freshman teams in the Union at 7.30 o'clock. The speakers who are scheduled to address the meeting are Coach William H. Claflin '15 and Captain George Owen Jr. '23, who will outline the plans for the coming year. On Thursday the University squad will start work on the rink at the Boston Arena. Although the Arena will not be officially opened until Saturday, December 3, the floor has already been taken up and ice will be ready by the time the University practice starts. The Freshman squad will be unable to start work until outdoor ice is available, and on that account candidates for the yearling team will be asked to leave their names and wait until the weather warrants a calling out of the squad.

Although the schedule is still in a tentative state, arrangements have been made to include the usual series of two out of three games with Yale and Princeton, a game with Dartmouth, and a game with St. Paul's School. The remaining teams on the schedule will probably vary little from the list of opponents of former years.

Captain Owen leads a list of four "H" men who will be available for the coming season. In addition to him, the veterans are Donald Angler '22, C. W. Baker Jr. '22, and J. M. Martin '22. During last year's season, Captain Owen played counterpoint, Baker played right wing, and Angler and Martin were substitute forwards. Besides these, nine men who have had a year's experience on the squad and seven numeral men from last year's Freshman team will be available, as well as many inexperienced but promising players who are expected to report.