PRIZE FOR BEST COMPOSITION IN CONCERTED VOCAL MUSIC

Offered by Committee From Fund Left by Mr. Francis Boott '31--Open to All Members of University

A prize of one hundred dollars will be awarded this year, as before, to the writer of the best composition in concerted vocal music, the money to be taken from a fund bequeathed by Mr. Francis Boott '31, of Cambridge, which provides for an annual prize. The competition is open to all undergraduates and members of any graduate school in the University.

The composition must be written in four voices, for chorus, with or without solo voices, and with organ or piano accompaniment; and the time required for its performance must not exceed six minutes. The words may be either English or Latin, religious or secular, original or selected. A prize will be awarded only in case a composition is submitted which fulfills the requirements of the Committee. It was Mr. Boott's desire that the type of music exemplified in Cherubini and Mozart should be followed.

The title page of each manuscript must be signed with a motto or an assumed name, the same to be written on the envelope of a sealed letter in which is enclosed the name and address of the competitor. The prize composition will be performed in the College Chapel, with chorus and organ. The compositions must be presented to the Chairman of the Committee, Mr. Arthur Foote, 81 Green street, Brookline, on or before March 1, 1922.