TO DISCUSS SCOPE AND POSSIBILITIES OF CONFERENCE TONIGHT

DISCUSSION TO BE HELD AT CLUB HOUSE AT 7.30 O'CLOCK

The first of the Liberal Club's series of meetings for the discussion of the disarmament question will be held at 7.30 o'clock this evening in the club-house, 66 Winthrop street. The club has undertaken this series of meetings with a two-fold purpose: to arouse interest in the various phases of the disarmament question, now of such vital import in this country, in the student body, and to acquaint members of the University, through talks by recognized authorities on the many sides of this question and through well-directed discussion, with the considerations entering into the attitude of the United States on the armament question.

"The Washington Conference: Its Scope and Possibilities" has been selected as the topic for consideration this evening. Lawrence Higgins 1G., who was until recently connected with the Historical Section of the United States Army General Staff, will be the teacher of the forum.

Five other meetings during the month have been scheduled. Among the speakers are Major-General Clarence R. Edwards, Commander of the First Corps, United States Army, Professor F. W. Taussig '79 of the Economics Department, Professor M. O. Hudson LL.B. '10, of the Law School, and Professor A. N. Holcombe '06, of the Department of Government.