PRINCETON FRESHMEN OPPOSE 1925 ELEVEN

ries, the first a 7-0 win against Worcester Academy, the second a 3-0 victory over Exeter. Andover, however, blanked the Freshmen 10-0 in the second game of the fall.

The Princeton 1925 team has had worse fortune, winning but two contests out of five games played. The season started auspiciously enough for them when Peddie Institute and East Newark High School were overwhelmed on successive Saturdays, 33 to 0 and 35 to 0 respectively. They hit a suag however, when they met Mercersburg the following Saturday and were defeated 7-0. The preparatory school team crossing their goal line in the final seconds of play. The next week, out generaled and out-fought in every department of the game, the Orange and Black was overwhelmed by the powerful Kiahimineias> School eleven which won, 35 to 0. At no time could the Freshmen threaten to cross the goal line of their opponents.

Last Saturday the team defeated 6-0 by Yale 1925. Although handicapped by injuries and greatly out-weighed, the Jerseymen held their opponents until the third quarter and threatened the Blue goal often during the second period. The winning score finally came when Yale marched down the field and shot over a forward pass for the score in the third quarter.

The stars of the Tiger out like are Captain Barry and quarterback Wingates. Although playing on the same team this fall, last season they were opponents, the former being in the Exeter back-field and the latter starring for Andover in the annual game.

Against Yale, Wingate was not in the line-up because of injuries and Captain Barry was obliged to call signals. Today Wingate will start and the Princeton offensive will therefore be much stronger than in the Yale contest.