THREE FOOTBALL MEN ADDED TO UNIVERSITY BASKETBALL QUINTET

WILL STAGE RULE DEMONSTRATION GAME TOMORROW

Yesterday afternoon two veterans of last year's basketball team and one member of the 1924 team who have been playing football this fall reported to Coach Wachter at Hemenway for the first time. Of these R. W. Fitts '23 alternated at night forward and center on last year's quintet, W. V. Miller '23 was a substitute back who received his letter, while Lewis Gordon '24, the third man to turn out, was the captain of last season's crack Yearling five. To offset these additions to some extent, J. M. Hartley '23, a last year's substitute forward, who came out for the first time on Tuesday, pulled a muscle during the practice game and will probably be unable to play until after the Christmas holidays.

Several long informal practice contests featured yesterday's workout. Desiring to give every man in his squad of 38 a chance, Coach Wachter made frequent substitutions in all the teams which were sent on the court and no attempt was made to pick a definite first team. Team "A" at the beginning of practice, however, lined up as follows: forwards, R. W. Fitts '23 and Captain A. E. McLeish '23; center, H. B. Tyson '23; guards, W. V. Miller '23 and Lewis Gordon '24.

Tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock in Hemenway, Teams A and B will stage a demonstration game to point out the changes in the rules since last year and to show the fouls commonly committed. The game will be refereed by Mr. D. J. Kelly of the Department of Physical Education, while Coach Wachter will demonstrate the changes in the regulations and Mr. Oswold Towers, New England representative of the Basketball Joint Rules Committee, will be on hand to answer any questions that may arise.