SIX MEN ADVANCED TO FIRST UNIVERSITY FENCING SQUAD

E. L. Lane '24 and J. K. Watson '23 Show Up Well in Round Robin Tournament--Several Fencers Assist Coach Danguy

As a result of the showing of the second fencing squad this fall, six men have been advanced to the first squad, which now numbers 14. The newly added members are T. J. Crawford 1E.S., Roland Fieer '25, A. H. King '24, R. M. Morrison '24, H. B. Park '23, and Lendon Snedeker '25. They are now practising daily under the direction of Coach Danguy with the rest of the first squad, who are: Captain Burke Boyce '22, J. S. Barss '22, W. R. Brewster '22, Paul Davier '24, E. H. Lane '24, E. L. Lane '24, F. W. Saunders '24, and J. K. Watson '23.

In the round robin tournament, E. L. Lane and Watson are both standing out as very good fencers, and one of them may be chosen as the third member of the team. Watson won second place in the Clemens medal competition that was held last spring just before the Intercollegiates for those who had never represented any college or University. E. L. Lane, who won the Novice tournament at the University last spring, has had less mat experience than Watson, but so far has displayed better technique.

S. H. Ordway Jr. 1L. and S. S. Kurtz 1G., both letter men on last year's team, are assisting. Coach Danguy in instructing the squad. Mr. S. F. Damon '14, an instructor in the University and a former Crimson fencing captain, is also helping to coach the less experienced members of the squad in the various forms of attack.