CANDIDATES FOR CRIMSON TO REPORT AT 7 O'CLOCK

This evening at 7 o'clock Freshmen and Sophomores planning to compete for the Crimson will report at the Crimson Building, 14 Plympton street. Both the news and photographic competitions will last about 12 weeks. No work will be required during the Christmas recess, and during the mid-year examination period the work required will be light, in order to allow competitors sufficient time to prepare their examinations.

In the news competition, valuable experience in reporting is gained through covering news concerning the University, and interviewing prominent men. The successful candidates will be elected to the news board, and will become eligible for the positions of assistant managing editor, managing editor, president, and editorial chairman.

Men competing for positions on the photographic board will be given opportunities to use the complete dark-room equipment of the photographic department. Candidates will be chosen on the basis of the number of photographs published in the fortnightly supplement, the originality of their work, and the ability they show in the dark room. Previous photographic experience is of assistance to candidates but is not essential. Photographic editors are eligible for the position of photographic chairman.