TENNIS MEN TO START PRACTICE AT LONGWOOD

Will Begin as Soon as Memberships Are Received--Nucleus of Promising Squad in Number of Veterans and Last Year's Freshman Players Back

Official practice for the University tennis squad at Longwood will begin immediately after the Mid-year Examinations. Within a few days, however, the management expects to receive memberships for the squad at the Longwood Covered Courts, and as soon as these arrive, the squad will be selected and these men will be able to play whenever they wish.

With five men back from last year's team, and with material developed in the largest tournament ever held in the United States, the prospects for a good year for the tennis team are considered very good. The weeding out of the 216 entries in the University Fall tournament resulted in the display of some of the best tennis that has been seen at the University since the famous team of R. N. Williams '16. Among the veterans who are back is Morris Duane '23, captain, a brilliant but sometimes erratic player; R. N. Bradley '22, who has been a member of the team for two years; C. P. Holmes '22, who played number six on last year's team; G. C. Guild '23 and J. D. Farnham '23, the latter of whom played only in the doubles last year.

Of last year's second squad the outstanding players are J. M. Kleberg '22 and L. R. Frost '23.

The members of last year's Freshman team who have shown the most promise are K. S. Pfaffman, C. W. Farnham, J. D. Dubois, Parke Cummings and Eugene Reynal.