POLLAK FOUNDATION PRIZE ESSAYS DUE ON DECEMBER 31

Must be in Hands of Committee at That Time--Three Prizes, Totalling $2,000 Offered--Subjects Given

The competition for the prizes offered by the Pollak Foundation for the best essays on a subject connected with economic problems of today closes December 31, and essays must be mailed on or before that date to Dr. William T. Foster '01, Director, Newton 58, Mass. No manuscripts sent after the above date will be considered. Three prizes, amounting to $2000, are offered. One prize of $500 will be awarded the best essay written by an undergraduate in college or in a school of college grade in the United States, $500 will go to a student in high school or any other institution of secondary grade, and $1000, without restrictions, to any student submitting the best essay.

To be considered in the contest, an essay must not be more than 10,000 words in length, and must be on one of the following subjects or a related subject approved beforehand by the Foundation.

1. The Part Money Plays in Economic Theories.

2. Causes of Unemployment and Remedies.

3. The Conditions Which Determine How Much the Consumer Gets for His Dollars.

The following men have consented to act as judges in the competition: Dean Wallace B. Donham '98 of the Graduate School of Business Administration, Professor Irving Fisher of the Economics Department of Yale University, and Mr. W. C. Mitchell, Director of the National Bureau of Economic Research.