UNEMPLOYMENT TO BE DISCUSSED TONIGHT

Mr. Frank Tannenbaum, Professor T. N. Carver and Mr. R. F. Phelps '00 to Speak at Liberal Club Meeting--Open Discussion From Floor to Be Held

Professor T. N. Carver, Mr. Frank Tannenbaum, and Mr. Roswell F. Phelps '00, Director of Statistics, State Department of Labor and Industry, will be the speakers this evening at 7.30 o'clock at a seminar on "Unemployment" at the Student Liberal Club.

Mr. Tannenbaum, a young labor leader, has made a close study of the unemployment problem. In 1914 he served a year on Blackwells Island for leading a mob of unemployed into a New York church. During the war he first worked in a shipyard and later served in the army, where he gained the rank of sergeant. After the war he entered Columbia University, from which he graduated recently with highest honors. He is the author of a book called "The Labor Movement."

After the speeches there will be general discussion of the subject, and the speakers will answer questions from the floor. The meeting will be open to all members of the University.

On Tuesday evening, December 13, Mr. Ernest Jonson, a student of economics for 20 years, will lead a discussion on "Why have not educated Americans a working knowledge of economics? How can we make economics a digestible subject?"