M. I. T. VARSITY SCORES ONCE ONLY ON 1924 HOCKEY TEAM

Yearlings Make Fine Showing Against Institute Players in Practice Scrimmage at Arena

A short scrimmage with the M. I. T. varsity in which the University Freshmen held their opponents to one goal, ended the day's work for the 1924 team yesterday. Coach Lombard took his charges down to the Arena in an attempt to smooth out the lack of cohesion, which has been so evident in the yearlings' work this year. He sent his men onto the ice immediately after the University practice and handed them over to the charge of Coach Claflin who drilled them in the fundamentals of offense and defense with especial emphasis on passing and cooperation in defense.

The line up which was sent into the game had some new men in it. R. S. Phillips seems to have won his place as regular in the forward line by his brilliant work on Saturday, Nelson Cabot being moved from right center to right wing. In an endeavor to find a good goal guard, Coach Lombard sent in T. F. Sherman, who received special instruction early in the practice from Jabish Holmes '21, University goal tender.

The scrimmage was short and the play was in the yearlings' territory most of the time. W. E. Crosby got free once, with only one man between him and the goal, only to lose the puck when he tried to pass the man on defense; a moment later the M. I. T. team scored and the scrimmage ended shortly.

The teams lined up as follows: HARVARD 1924  M. I. T. Lee, l.w.  r.w., Delaney Phillips, l.c.  r.c., Graham Lamont, r.c.  l.c., D. MacNeil Cabot, r.w.  l.w., Taylor Graves, c.p.  c.p., Du Vernet Crosby, p.  p., N. MacNeil Sherman, g.  g., Massey