FORESIGHT

"Do not wait until it rains to shingle your roof," says the ancient proverb. Yet a large number of undergraduates, particularly those who are members of the Freshman class, each spring leave the thought of securing rooms for next year until late in the season. Procrastination of this sort can only result in an unsatisfactory solution of the problem. When so large a number of students change their rooms every year, it is difficult to avoid confusion and mistakes--especially if all the applications are sent in at practically the same time. Now, before the hurry and stress of the last months of the season, should thought be given to the morrow. For now it will take but a slight effort to safeguard against much future trouble during the spring and summer. Now is the time, too, when the all-important decision regarding roommates should be made.

Application for rooms at the college office or at any of the room-agents in the Square is in no way binding. It is but an opportunity given to the undergraduate to express his preference of dormitories--an opportunity which should be utilized. Later on it will not be a question of preference, but of necessity. A delay of a few weeks or a month this year means the difference between living in a satisfactory or unsatisfactory room for nine or ten months next year. By early application, both the College and the undergraduate benefit; the College in the further facility and efficiency of its clerical work; the undergraduate in the future comfort of his college life.