TECH TRIMS '24 IN SCRIMMAGE

Freshmen Have Games With Newton High and St. Paul's This Week

With the University team resting before the game with St. Patrick's, the Freshmen took the Arena ice yesterday afternoon and presenting a slightly new line-up entered a rather listless scrimmage with M. I. T. to emerge at the short end of a 4 to 0 score. Coach Lombard rewarded H. W. Reid for his excellent work on Saturday by sending him into the regular line-up at right wing, while A. S. Rogers, whom the coaches have been developing lately, was sent into goal in place of T. F. Sherman.

Tech scored once on the yearlings while the first string men were in, but came across for a goal three times against the Crimson substitutes. The Freshmen showed improvement in some points over their work on Saturday, but the playing was still listless and the goal-guarding poor.

On Wednesday the powerful Newton High team will come to Cambridge, while on Saturday the yearlings will go to St. Paul for the last game of the season. With the two strongest teams that are on their schedule opposing them this week the Freshmen will have to show a great deal of improvement if they hope to escape a defeat in both cases.