1921 SUMMER SCHOOL TO HAVE LECTURERS FROM MANY COLLEGES

PROMINENT FACULTY MEMBERS ALSO TO GIVE COURSES

A score of visiting lecturers from Cornell, Princeton, Technology and other colleges will join the University teaching staff this summer to give courses in the University Summer School, which has been reorganized under the joint supervision of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Faculty of Education, to be opened as "a School of Arts and Sciences and of Education."

Among the visiting teachers in the thirty summer courses in Education, which for the first time may be counted for the University degree of Master of Education by qualified students, are to be Dr. Frank W. Ballou '14, superintendent of schools in the city of Washington; J. J. Mahoney '03, state supervisor of Americanization for Massachusetts; Clarence D. Kingsley, superintendent of high schools for Massachusetts and chairman of an important commission of the National Education Association; and Eugene R. Smith, headmaster of the Park School at Baltimore, who has recently been chosen to be the head of the new Country Day School at Chestnut Hill.

Other visiting lecturers who will give courses at the University this summer include Professor William L. Westermann, Cornell historian; Professor Edwin Greenlaw '03, of the University of North Carolina, one of the leading teachers of English in the South; Professor Frederic Palmer Jr. '00, of Haverford, the physicist; Professor Frank Aydelotte '03, of M. I. T.; Profesor Leo. R. Lewis '88, of Tufts; Professor Edward G. Spaulding, the Princeton teacher of Philosophy; and A. J. B. Wace, the noted archaeologist, who is director of the British School at Athens.

Among the prominent University teachers who will be on the Summer School staff this year are Dean Charles F. Haskins, the historian; Dean Henry W. Holmes '03, of the new Graduate School of Education; Professor Clifford F. Moore '89, chairman of the Committee on Instruction; Professor Charles T. Copeland '82, who for years has given lectures and readings at the Summer School; Dr. Roger I. Lee '02, who will give a new course in Hygiene; and Allyn A. Young, the former Cornell economist, who is now a member of the University Faculty, and will give courses in money and banking and in railroad transportation, which have not hitherto been offered in the Summer School.

Expecting a large registration, the University authorities have set aside for the Summer School all three Freshman Halls, constituting a larger dormitory space than has been available for the members of the School since the war. As usual, both men and women will be admitted. Over 100 courses will be given and arrangements will be made for concerts, excursions to points of historic interest, excursions to industrial plants, and other entertainments for the students of the School, which opens July 5