TO DEBATE ON "OPEN SHOP"

Subject Chosen for Harvard-Yale-Princeton Contest--Trials to Be Held on March 2

"Resolved, That the Employers of Labor Should Abandon the Principle of the Open Shop" has been chosen for this year's triangular debate between the University, Yale and Princeton. The question was proposed by Princeton, and the University Debating Council contributed the wording of it.

Each of the universities will enter two teams in the debate, which will be held on the evening of March 18th. The University affirmative team will take the trip to Princeton, while the negative will oppose Yale at Sanders Theatre.

All Undergraduates Eligible

Trials for the University team will be held in Emerson J at 7 o'clock on March 2nd. All undergraduates in the University, including Freshmen and men not in the College proper are eligible, although the Freshmen will have a separate debate about a month later. The men will make five-minute speeches on either side of the question.

About one-half of the candidates will be retained for further trial on the next evening at the same time, while on Friday, March 4th, the final try-outs will be held, and the team chosen. Both the affirmative and negative teams will be composed of three men and an alternate, and members of last year's team will be required to compete for positions.