CENTENNIAL EXHIBIT AUGMENTED

Original Manuscripts of Keats' "Endymion" and Other Poems at Widener

A most valuable addition to the exhibitions of Keats' relies now being shown at the Widener Library in honor of the centennial of the poet's death, was received from Mr. J. P. Morgan yesterday. Chief among the treasures is the original manuscript of the famous poem "Endymion." In this manuscript may be found Keats' original inscription, "With every feeling of pride and regret and with 'a bowed mind' to the memory of the most English of Poets except Shakespeare, Thomas Chatterton." Fearing that such an inscription would arouse controversy, Keats' publisher induced him to change his dedication so that it would merely read, "To the Memory of Thomas Chaterton", and it was thus when the poem was published; the manuscript at Widener is the only one with the inscription as the poet planned it.

The "Ode to Psyche" and the "Hymm to Apollo" are also shown exactly as they were written. Several of the poet's best known sonnets, including one to Spencer and the one beginning "Give me a golden pen and let me lean" are included in Mr. Morgan's collection.