BATTERED ELIS TO TAKE ON STELLAR CRIMSON SEPTET

Crimson Players Have Had Long Rest Since Games with St. Patricks and M. I. T.

The Crimson and the Blue hockey teams will clash tonight at 8.15 in the New Boston Arena in the second contest of their 1921 three-game series. Three fifteen-minute periods and the seven-man style of play has been decided upon by the managements.

With the 7 to 0 defeat of the Eli stick-men at Philadelphia behind them Captain Bigelow's men have a moral support which ought to count heavily. The first game was characterized by the superior team play of the University septet who were in possession of the puck more than two thirds of the time, and by the individual brilliance of Captain Bigelow.

Yale's mainstay in the game was Captain Carson who, starting at wing, shifted to defense and materially impeded the University attack. Bulkley New Haven's speedy center, was the next strongest man in the Eli machine, showing fast and versatile style; but neither Carson's aggressiveness nor Bulkley's speed availed them much in the face of the Crimson team play.

Last Saturday the Elis suffered a 4 to 0 defeat at the hands of the Princeton stickmen in the final struggle of the Yale-Princeton series. This game also was characterized by poor team play and mediocre checking on the part of the New Haven men who had not had an opportunity to practice at all during the week preceeding the game on account of poor ice.

Since the 2 to 1 defeat of the Crimson by the Ottawans twelve days ago the team has had only one game, that with M. I. T. on February 16. In this game the men though severely battered by the St. Pats two days before, put up a good though not snappy game with Owen featuring.

Having had ten days since then for rest and intensive work the University septet is in good condition. With Captain Bigelow for lighting offense work and clever fast stick handling; with Owen for steady defense varied by occasional flashes of powerful offense, and the rest of Coach Claflin's machine to back them up, all indications point to victory for the Crimson hockey team.