BARON STEIN TO SPEAK ON RUSSIA TONIGHT AT 8

Has Been in Diplomatic Service and in Political Affairs of His Country for Many Years--Lecture Will Be in Trophy Room

Baron Eugene Stein, the widely known Russian nobleman, will lecture on "The Problem Presented by Russia Today" in the Trophy Room of the Union at 8 o'clock tonight. He will illustrate his lecture, which is open to members of the Union, by about 200 stereopticon slides showing different phases of the Russian situation both past and present.

A small dinner, to which several prominent members of the Faculty have been invited, is to be given in the Baron's honor by the Governing Board of the Union at 7 o'clock.

The Baron has had a long connection with Russian political affairs. He was active in Russia prior to 1910, when he went to Buenos Ayres and worked with the Embassy there. In 1914 he was appointed permanent Charge 'd' Affaires and held that position until 1916, when he became Minister Plenipotentiary, which position he still holds.

Since January 25 he has been in Boston giving eight Lowell lectures on various subjects closely connected with Russia.