HARVARD CLUB PLANS MANY LECTURES FOR THIS MONTH

First Talk Will be Next Friday to be Given by R. S. Morris on "Japan"

The Harvard Club of Boston has announced an interesting series of talks for this month and the early part of March including subjects that range from the electric mechanism of the automobile to the Royal Northwest Mounted Police. The first talk will be given next Friday by the Hon. Roland S. Morris on "Japan and the Japanese." Mr. Morris is the United States ambassador to Japan and a Princeton graduate of '96. In 1918 he went to Siberia on a special mission and is an authority on the Far East question.

Professor William Lyman Underwaad of M. I. T. will give an illustrated talk on his experiences as camper in the Maine woods. He calls his talk "A trip with an Indian" and will tell about the Indian guide who accompanied him on all his trips.

On Wednesday, February 23, Mr. D. P. Cartwright of New York will give a lecture illustrated by moving pictures on "The Mechanism of Automobile Starting, Lighting and Ignition Systems."

On the first Wednesday in March Captain Daniel A. McKay will tolk on his personal experiences in the Canadian Northwest during the pioneer days as a member of the Royal Northwest Mounted Police. During the World War, Captain MacKay had charge of the military forces in the district around Camp Devens.

The second March lecture and the last one yet announced is on the American Expeditionary Forces by Major George C. Marshall, Jr. General Staff. United States Army and Aide-de-Camp to General Pershing.

During the war Major Marshall was successively Assistant Chief of Staff and Chief of Staff, First Division; Chief of Staff, Eighth Army Corps: and Aide-de-Canip to the Commander in Chief.