ANDOVER FIVE DEFEATS 1924

GORDON 1924 HIGH POINT WINNER

In a close over-time struggle Saturday afternoon, the Freshman basketball five succumbed 32-30 to the fast attack of the Andover quintet on the latter's court. The 1924 men were never in the lead, and Andover's preponderance of foul shots was the deciding factor of the game. At half time the yearlings trailed 22-10, but they managed to come even in the second period, holding the victors to two baskets from the floor, the score standing 29-29 at the end of the second half. In the five-minute extra period neither team scored from the floor, but Captain Reilly's foul shooting netted the Blue 3 points to the Freshmen's 1, and the game ended with the yearlings on the small end of the 32-30 score.

The 1924 quintet did not play up to its usual form, and many technical fouls on Coach Wachter's men swung the score in Andover's favor.

This is the first defeat for the Freshman quintet this season. Captain Gordon Suffered a turned ankle and a dislocated shoulder during the game, but in spite of this led his team's scoring, although outpointed by Captain Reilly of the victors. In the second period the work of the 1924 offense was much better than at the start, and J. H. Sipp was responsible for six of the Freshmen's baskets in that half. The summary: HARVARD 1924.  ANDOVER. Gordon, r.f.  l.g., Allen Stevens, Wasserman, l.f.  r.g., Munger Sipp, c.  c., Watson Black, Kohn, r.g.  l.f., Reilly Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., Tillson

Score, Andover 32, Freshmen 30. Goals from the floor, Sipp 6, Gordon 5, Reilly 4, Watson 4, Stevens, Tillson. Free throws, Reilly 14, Gordon 6. Referee, Sides. Umpire, Peck. Two twenty-minute and a five-minute overtime period.