COACH BINGHAM TALKS TO UNIVERSITY RUNNERS

GIVES OUT SPRING TRIP PLANS

A meeting of all the candidates for the University and Freshman track teams was held at the Varsity Club last night. Head Coach Bingham made a short address, in which he discussed the races at the B. A. A. games. He went over the running in detail, telling what mistakes the men made, explaining how they were to be corrected, and complimented those who ran well.

The greatest disadvantage the team is laboring under is lack of racing experience, and to illustrate this Coach Bingham pointed out the fact that not a single candidate for the Freshman team had run in a relay race before coming to Cambridge. To remedy this, he said, all the men possible are going to be entered in the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell. As the entries in this meet are limited, all the squad cannot be entered, so all those who are not are to run in the American Legion Games in Boston on February 22. In addition to this, more practice races are to be held at Soldiers Field, in order to give the men all the experience possible in taking the corners. Coach Bingham also announced that, although the appropriation was limited, as many men as possible will be taken on the spring trip to be held during the April recess.

Spring Trip Plans Completed

Plans for the trip have finally been completed, according to an announcement made yesterday by Fred W. Moore, graduate treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association, and merely await ratification by the Athletic Committee and the University of Pennsylvania Athletic Committee.

The team will leave Cambridge as soon as classes are over for the spring recess, arriving at Penn State for a meet on April 19. After this meet the team will return to Philadelphia and train on the University of Pennsylvania track at Franklin Field.

The meet with the University of Pennsylvania will be held on Saturday, April 23. As this is the same day as the Yale-University of Pennsylvania baseball game, the two events will be scheduled so that they will not conflict, allowing the spectators to see both.

Little is known about the comparative strength of either of these teams. The University of Pennsylvania relay team, with Earl Eby, national champion half-miler and Olympic star, running anchor, was able to defeat the Dartmouth relay team, captained by Earl Thompson, by a wide margain at the B. A. A. games last Saturday.