TRACK MEN PREPARE FOR MEET ON FRIDAY

Boston Y. M. C. A. is a Well Balanced Team of Few Stars--Freshmen in Meet Saturday With Andover Academy Runners

While the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell was the big event of the winter track, the season is by no means over. The University squad is to run the Northeastern College track team on Friday afternoon at the Boston Y. M. C. A. Although the Northeastern team has few noticeable stars, they have a well-balanced team, and the University runners will have to work in order to win the meet.

Saturday afternoon the Freshman team is to run the Andover track team at Andover. Because of a conflict in dates it was found impossible to arrange the usual spring meet with the Academy runners, so the board track meet is being held instead. The usual winter track events will be held, including the 40-yard dash, 45-yard hurdles, 300-yard dash, 600-yard, 1000-yard and mile runs, a relay race, and the high-jump and shot-put.

Intensive training for both of these meets will begin today. The University squad will have but two days for practice, and the entries will probably be the same as those in the triangular meet. Time-trials for the Freshmen will be held tomorrow, and the men who are to make the trip to Andover will be chosen on the strength of their performances in the races.

The close of the winter track season will come with the Winter Carnival, which is to be held on Tuesday, March 8. This is a handicap meet, and is open to everyone, whether they have been reporting for track or not. Medals will be given to the winners of first, second, and third places.